What makes you 'tríll?'

Posted on Friday, 8 May 2015

So I was interviewed by my friend Taylor recently, who I met at Teen Vogue Fashion University, for a feature on her website trillvoices.com! Here are the questions, answers and photos from the interview:

Top: Missguided 
Where do you find inspiration?

London – my home-town. It’s so diverse – from the people who inhabit it, to the different areas within the city and of course the unique personal style – particularly in Central London.

I also take a lot of inspiration from bloggers, Youtubers and online influencers. The content they’ve shared over the years has impacted me in many ways and fueled my interest in fashion!

Jacket: H&M
You never leave the house without your…?

iPhone, Oyster card and house keys! Three essentials that I need to 1) connect with the world 2) get about town and 3) get back into the house!

Jeans: Topshop
What stands out more, the clothes or the person wearing them?

I would say the clothes, because to me great fashion is like art – heavily aesthetic, visually pleasing and it really can catch your attention – unless you have a really eye-catching face, on point makeup skills, or other feature that stands out more than the clothes.

Watch: New Look | Necklace: H&M
Dress to impress who?

Myself! I think it’s so important to wear what you want and feel most comfortable in. I don’t agree with wearing something to fit in or seek approval from others because fashion should represent who you are, not anyone else! 


Chelsea Boots: Office
What makes you trill?

I’m trill because I harness my creativity to be myself, do what I love and follow my passions – from my personal style to creative direction projects and more!

I saw a quote in i-D magazine the other day; “creativity is the greatest form rebellion” which resonated strongly with me as creativity allows you to break free from what others think of you, not to conform to society’s standards and to show off what makes you different.


Photography: Me! (I live in the most suburban London town ever but found this amazing red brick wall for photos!! Reminds me of the 'pink wall' in L.A but red obviously)

Thanks for reading guys!

Check out Taylor's blog www.trillvoices.com for more!

And don't forget to follow me on Twitter & Instagram for more updates - links below :-)
  1. Lovely post, the photography is brilliant!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, it's amazing what a tripod and remote can do haha x

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree with your answer to the dress to impress question - so true, it's so important to just dress how you feel comfortable and for no one else! I love your outfit!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah literally, impressing yourself is the most important thing! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. Nice interview ! Love your style !

    If you need more support, follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete