NYC Prepping & Packing!

Posted on Wednesday, 11 March 2015

So, for the past week, I've been mainly getting ready to go to NYC for the Teen Vogue Fashion University!

Packing can be long, especially when you want to look good and stay warm at the same time - a combination which I find difficult...

However, aside from clothes, I also picked up a few extra bits and bobs for my stay in the city:

Experimenting with the Fujifilm Instax Mini 8


Fujifilm Instax Mini 8


I've known about this camera for ages, but never got my hands on one...until now! Seeing as I'm into photography, I thought, why not shoot through a different medium to save the moment? I also used my friend's Instax camera during a Photography trip to Amsterdam in my last year of school. The photos turned out pretty cool (example on the right) and I've been obsessed since. Stay tuned on my Instagram for more Polaroids pics during the trip :)



Business Cards


Teen Vogue Fashion University is a huge opportunity for networking/making contacts in the fashion industry! So in order for people to remember my face and name, I created some dope business cards on moo.com. I used an image from the Berlin Zalando photoshoot, combined with my signature logo and contact details.




NYC DK Tourist Guide


I obviously need to make the most of the City and be a tourist! I bought this guide ages ago with some ol' book vouchers and it's detailed, informative and contains beautiful images. Alongside Trip Advisor, I'll be using the book to guide me around the City when I'm not at TVFU.




So there it is, 3 essentials for the trip! And let's not forget my trusty Nikon D3100 which I'll be shooting with as well.

 I'll also be going to an exotic location afterwards for a bit of sun! Stay tuned for the blog-posts towards the end of next week when I get back! In the mean time, follow me on social media (@beccacofie) for LIVE photos/coverage of the trip!

Post a Comment