London Calling

Posted on Wednesday, 11 February 2015

So about 2 weeks I did a photo-shoot with my favourite model!

Let me tell you a lil' story...when I studied Photography in school, I needed a model for my photos.

I started off by using friends and people that I knew but one day I thought I'd try something a bit different...

There was a girl in the year below, who I thought had the right image for my photos. It sounds weird but I'd seen her around in school, now and then, so I thought why not just go up to her and ask her to model? It's not really the 'done thing' to do but sometimes defying logic can be the quickest way to success.

So I asked randomly in the common room, she said yes, and the rest is history!



Leather jacket: Matalan | Bodycon Dress: Topshop | 
Knee high socks: TKMaxx | Boots: Primark
Trench coat: Primark
Jumper: Topshop | Skirt: Topshop

Styling, makeup, creative direction, location scouting, editing: Rebecca Cofie

Overall, I'm really happy with how these photos turned out! I shot the photos in a 'hidden' London location - Battersea Bridge/Chelsea Embankment/Battersea Park. I call it 'hidden' as I'd never really ventured into this area until I did this shoot, and I'm so glad I did 'cause it's so picturesque and visually stunning, especially on a nice sunny winters' day. Perfect for a photo-shoot!

I experimented with my camera settings to match the lighting and it worked really well, especially for the first few photos where the background is slightly blurred. It's supposed to be fashion photography, but I personally think the portrait shots turned out the best for this set.

  1. I have to say, I just love everything about these photos - the styling, the hair, the location, everything! These photos really make me wish I lived in London :)

    Elizabeth xx
    rockintherockiesstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu, and yess so grateful to live in such an amazing city! Perfect for photo-shoots xx

      Delete
  2. Love these photos! I visited London last summer and loved it!
    xo
    www.alliesfashionalley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you liked it, it's the best city in the world tbh! xx

      Delete