LFW AW15: Backstage at Danielle Romeril

Posted on Thursday, 26 February 2015

On Saturday 21st January, I was backstage at the Danielle Romeril show, assisting with the model lineup following the model casting (see here).

The first time I was backstage at a LFW show was at Kristian Aadnevik last season.

Therefore, I more or less knew what to expect for this one. Of course, I had to be the blogger that I am and take photos for internet sharing! Here are the pictures:

The model board - photo taken during castings
Backstage - at the clothing racks
The model line-up
Last minute make-up touch-up

Panorama shot
Goodbye Somerset House - until next season!
Being backstage can sometimes be better than the show itself! There's so much creative energy flowing prior to the show - from the hair/makeup team, to the aspiring fashionistas (i.e. me), the models themselves, the backstage photographers and more! Everyone unites for one single purpose and it's so exciting to see these final moments before the designer releases their collection to the world! It was funny also, 'cause I recognised one of the models at this show from the Kristian Aadnevik show I was at backstage last season. It's a small world...

I also realised how important the model line-up is (the part I was assisting with) as each model wears a different look that the designer wants to present in a specific order/way. From seeing over 200 girls at the casting, (only 3 days before) to the final girls being chosen to represent the collection was also an interesting process to witness!

Until the next post!

Post a Comment