Burberry AW14 Campaign

Posted on Thursday, 21 August 2014

Fashion campaigns...what can I say? The basis of my interest in the fashion industry, the inspiration for my photography and the collaboration which brings together fashion industry creatives to produce art.


For me, the Burberry campaign wins this season. After scouring through the latest September issues of Vogue, Elle and Harper's Bazaar, it was this campaign which captured my attention the most. Part of the reason is due to the models. Cara Delevingne is obviously a stunner and I always stop and look at the advertisements she's featured in. However, it wasn't just her that did it for me. Malaika Firth, a biracial beauty from Barking, East London also caught my eye due to her unique and exotic look, unlike any other black models that I've seen in a while. She looks like a doll!

Tarun Nijer, the up and coming Asian-British male model in this campaign, is also someone I happen to have affiliations with - coincidentally! I've secured an internship with a top model agency next month which Nijer happens to be signed to and my sister goes to the same university as him! What are the odds? 



Burberry are a quintessentially British brand and for them to choose models from a variety of ethnic backgrounds shows their openness to diversity and acknowledgement that Britain is a multicultural country. Well done Christopher Bailey!

Post a Comment